Dates: September 16 – December 22
Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
Costs: $9,444 CCIS Member | $9,844 Non-Member
Dates: January – June
Application Deadline: October 31, 2017
Costs: $8,580 CCIS Member | $8,980 Non-Member
Maynooth University is Ireland’s fastest growing university with over 11,000 students from more than 90 countries. MU is located on the fringes of Dublin in the quaint town of Maynooth, Ireland’s only university town. MU boasts a tradition of academic excellence in the humanities and sciences tracing back to 1795.
Maynooth offers a suite of selective programs across the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and the Sciences. Please visit the website for a comprehensive overview of the exciting programs open to Maynooth study abroad students.
Watch the Maynooth video here.
- A friendly, safe, beautiful country.
- Vibrant and youthful with over 350 music, arts, film and food festivals annually.
- Rich archaeological heritage: Ireland is home to several UNESCO World Heritage sites. From magical castles to enchanted ruins to ancient tombs, Ireland has it all.
- Rich cultural heritage: the country that gave the world Oscar Wilde, Dracula and Gulliver’s Travels has no end of cultural offerings from museums to art galleries and theatres.
- Breathtaking land, sky and seascapes: countless miles of unexplored unspoiled terrain await you in a country that’s got as many sheep as it has people! Some of Game of Thrones’ most memorable scenes were shot here!
- Fantastic food: from traditional Irish food to chic brunch spots offering an array of local and international cuisine, a delightful culinary experience awaits you in Ireland.
- The perfect gateway to Europe: quick and inexpensive travel to Europe’s capital cities.
- Direct, affordable flights from Ireland to the US.
- Home to the world’s leading tech, pharmaceutical and financial services companies.
- The only English-speaking country in the EU.
Why Maynooth University?
- World-class teaching facilities & small class sizes.
- Diverse, flexible, selective curriculum that enables you to match your study abroad options with your home university program.
- ECTS assessment lends itself to easy conversion into other credit systems.
- High-quality on-campus accommodation and diverse meal plans.
- State-of-the-art library facilities.
- A vibrant social scene: Over 100 Clubs & Societies.
- Comprehensive Student Support Services, including a Buddy Program.
- Ranked by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings among the top 200 most international universities.
- Named in The Princeton Review Best 381 Colleges as one of the world’s top institutions for 2017.
- Ranked 68th among the next-generation of leading universities in the world (Times Higher Ed. Top 150 under 50)
- Outstanding International Student Satisfaction Award (Study Portals)
- ‘Outstanding’ score in the International Student Barometer
Truman State University
Director of the Center for International Education Abroad
Questions? Contact me
This program is sponsored and administered by Truman State University.
Maynooth University is Ireland's second oldest university institution and traces its origins to the foundation of St. Patrick's College in 1795. Situated 25km west of Dublin, it is located in Ireland's only university town, Maynooth, which combines the historical legacy of its medieval origins with a present day location just outside Dublin city. Maynooth University has a long standing international reputation for learning and academic excellence in the sciences and humanities. Its traditional core strengths have been augmented by new courses in Finance, Computer Science, Software Engineering and Electronic Engineering. Its reputation for research continues to grow and today there are several renowned research centers located on campus.
Maynooth University offers a suite of selective programs across the Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and the Sciences. Please visit the website for a full list of the exciting options open to study abroad students. Study abroad students can also take bespoke certificate programs across a range of topics as diverse as Conflict Resolution, Health Cultures, International Business, Law, European Studies and Irish Cultural Heritage.
Maynooth is committed to providing an environment within which students can learn, develop and mature. The focus is on ensuring that all students have an experience that will benefit them not just academically, but personally as well, and that the environment is truly student-friendly.
The ongoing investment in programme development and the provision of world-class teaching and research facilities, is one part of the equation. Another equally important part is the ongoing investment in student social and recreational facilities, combined with comprehensive student support services (to include a Buddy Progamme).
Course Credits: Credit hours vary
Language of Instruction: English
Over fifty clubs and societies are active in Maynooth University, providing many opportunities for students to get involved in social, cultural, and sporting activities. Student-run clubs form the core of the sports and recreation programmes. The clubs and societies bring the Campus to life in the evenings with events to suit everyone.
The indoor sports hall and fully-equipped gymnasium accommodate a wide variety of indoor sporting activities including badminton, basketball, fencing, karate and racquet-ball. The sports hall is also the venue for the weekly aerobics and circuit training sessions. The University has a swimming pool as well as numerous playing fields which cater to outdoor sports such as hurling, soccer, camogie and rugby. The Canoe & Kayak Club make good use of the nearby River Liffey. There are a wide range of societies managed by students such as political parties, art, craft and design, comedy, music, drama, games and history. There is also a very active international students society that arranges social evenings and events for students.
Study Abroad students have the option of living in Maynooth's high-quality on-campus rooms (space dependent) or with an Irish host family.
Fall Semester 2018: September 16 - December 22, 2018
Spring Semester 2018: January 29 - June 4, 2018
Fall 2018 Mandatory Orientation: TBD
Spring 2018 Mandatory Orientation: TBD
Fall 2018: $9,444 CCIS members | $9,844 Non-CCIS members
Costs Included: Instructional costs and CISI health insurance
Costs Not Included: Estimated costs include passport, Irish immigration fees ($420), room /board ($5,000-7,000), books ($300), airfare ($1,000), and personal expenses ($2,000).
Please note: Total program cost will vary depending on individual’s choice of housing, and other choices that are personal preference.
All costs, fees, and dates are subject to change without notification. Contact the program sponsor to verify all costs, fees, and dates for this program.
Please refer to your acceptance materials for information on arrival, orientation, and academic calendar. The refund policy is program specific and non-transferable. Refer to your acceptance materials for the comprehensive refund policy or contact the program sponsor.
Fall Semester: May 31
Spring Semester: October 31
Entry Requirements: U.S. Passport, non-U.S. citizens should check with the Irish Consulate
Minimum GPA: Students must have a 3.0 GPA
Minimum Standing: Students must have at least sophomore standing
Have you talked with your study abroad advisor about your home institution's application process? Your institution's deadline might be earlier than the CCIS program application deadline. Check now to make sure all of your material is submitted on time!
"It was the best thing I ever did for myself!"