Activities and Opportunities
In addition to historic churches, palaces and museums, Seville boasts a modern transportation system and a vibrant social scene full of amazing eateries, modern theatres, and shopping centers. Staff members at the International College of Seville are all bilingual in both English and Spanish and always eager to help students make the most of their stay in Seville! From organizing extracurricular activities to providing travel advice to students for their weekends off, ICS staff ensures students have the resources, support, and adventures they need for an amazing Spanish experience. Visit the International College of Seville (ICS) Facebook Page, check it out on Instagram, or watch videos on the ICS Youtube channel to see what's happening right now at ICS! ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:
- Day trip to Cordoba, Spain
- Overnight trip to Granada, Spain
- Two (2) night trip to Morocco, Africa
- Volunteer and community service opportunities
- Welcome Weekend Activities including orientation breakfast, Flamenco show, downtown walk with Churros and chocolate, belly dancing and exotic tea tasting
- Shopping excursion to the Metromar mall in the town of Mairena del Aljarafe and tour of Antique Markets in Seville´s center.
- Picnic in the park
- Halloween party & Thanksgiving dinner (fall term)
- End of the Term party (fall & spring)
- "Intercambio" (language exchange) program with local Spanish students
- ...and more!
- Spanish Cooking Classses – Learn to make such traditional dishes as Paella, Tortilla de Patatas, San Jacobos
- Flamenco Dance Classes - Learn to dance the traditional “Sevillanas”
- Cruise down the Guadalquivir River
- Visit to the Aquarium of Seville
All Optional Activities are offered at special ICS discounted prices!
Students are offered two different options for housing during the program. For those looking to truly immerse themselves in the Spanish language and culture, they are invited to "live like a local" by residing with an experienced Spanish host family. Generally, two students from the program live at the homestay and are integrated into family life as they share daily meals, activities, and stories with their new sevillano family. For those interested in more of a student environment, the supervised residencia option offers them the opportunity to live in a shared apartment with a house mother and 3-4 other students. Regardless of which option they choose, students are housed just a short walk or easy bus ride away from the school and are provided 3 daily meals and laundry throughout their stay.
"The experiences you get are incredible and once in a lifetime. You will see yourself grow as a person over the course of just a few short months. You will learn about yourself, and be tested in every single way imaginable, and unimaginable. You will end the semester saying goodbyes to your best friends, to go home to your best friends."
- Shimriya Richard, Brookdale Community College
"For me, Sevilla was the perfect city to study abroad in; the people, the language, the music - just the general atmosphere and culture of the city in general - all combined to make for an absolutely unforgettable semester. I wholly recommend this opportunity to anyone who can take advantage of it - you won't regret it!"
- Elena Rivera, Mount Wachusett Community College
"My semester in Sevilla was definitely the biggest growing experience of my life so far. I met amazing people, learned to communicate in another language, and got the chance to travel around Europe... Sevilla is such a beautiful city; I wouldn't trade my time in Spain for anything and I would go back in a heartbeat."
- Kathryn Hamel, Truman State University
"The staff of ICS was so helpful and informative. We had a lot of fun busing around Andalucia and plenty of adventure wherever we stopped. I could tell they wanted me to get the most out of my time abroad and for me to excel with the language."
- Seth Riley, Madison Area Technical College
"The Plaza de Espana in Seville is like nothing I have ever seen before in my life and probably will ever see. I met British man before I went to Seville who had been there before and he said that Seville was in one word "ambiance" and I have to say that now that I have been there too, I must agree with him...go to Seville. The experience is incomparable."
- Grace Chikwem, Lincoln University of Pennsylvania